閱讀權限 10
註冊 5-7--2018
用戶註冊天數 2128
用戶失蹤天數 1633
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 19-9--2018 09:03 AM  資料 私人訊息 
Wholesale China Jerseys PISCATAWAY
"Now you go down in history," he said. "I can't think of anyone who deserves more to have their jersey retired."
Former teammate and Buffalo Bills defensive end Jamaal Westerman was as optimistic as LeGrand.
"It was great," receiver Leonte Carroo said. "Just to see that (No. 52), it means so much to this program. I wanted to go out there and play for him. He's a very good guy. We praise him. We love Eric so much. There was no doubt that we were going to go out there and get the win for him."
"A family sticks together and a family stays together and there has been no more important person in our program than Eric," Flood said before heading back to the locker room to address his team.
"I have my doubters out there," LeGrand said. "They say, 'You'll never walk again, you're not a hero. You deserve to be where you are because you were trying to hurt the guy you were tackling.' It doesn't bother me. For every one of those, there are a 100 that are behind me.
Since being hurt, LeGrand has served as a motivational speaker who many times meets with people who are paralyzed. He also works on the radio broadcast crew for home football games. He is still working toward his degree. He goes to rehabilitation every day, "working his butt off" in his effort to walk again.
"There are 1.5 million people who are paralyzed with some sort of injury," LeGrand added. "People don't know about them, I'm their voice. I see people working hard every day who don't have the notoriety. People are wishing to be in my situation, which is hard to believe, because of my notoriety."
"I thought it was important that I be there, to at least start the ceremony as the person on the staff who was here with Eric," Flood said after the game. "And it's an emotional thing for me to do it,Cheap Jerseys USA, to present him with this award,Jerseys From China, to present him with the number up in the stadium now and then to be able to start the video, a lot of really special people from his life were able to be a part of that ceremony by videotape,Wholesale Jerseys China, and I thought that that was great, and I know he appreciated it. "
LeGrand was paralyzed from the neck down making a tackle covering a kickoff in a game against Army at the Meadowlands. Cadets coach Rich Ellerson was among those wishing LeGrand well.
In a passionate halftime plea to the crowd shortly after his No 52 was unveiled on the upper level box at High Point Solutions Stadium where the game is filmed, LeGrand asked them to support research to find a cure for paralysis, a cause he has joined by forming "Team LeGrand."
"Wow. That was truly incredible," said LeGrand, who stopped to take a picture with former teammates before his news conference. "That's all I can say. I'm going to remember that the rest of my life. I want to thank Rutgers for all they've done for me.  This is going to go down in history. We all made history here today. I'm so happy I finally got to announce Team LeGrand. We're so close to a cure. All we need is the money."
"Keep living the way you are," Schiano said. "You are inspiring all of us."
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gary Gibson applauded his school's decision to honor LeGrand.
Current coach Kyle Flood presided at the start of the ceremony and presented the 23-year-old a sword with the word "believe" inscribed on it.
The ceremony featured messages from former coaches and teammates on the huge scoreboard, starting with former Rutgers and current Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano.
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) — Moments after becoming the first player in the 144-year history of Rutgers football to have his jersey retired, Eric LeGrand told a loving crowd that his beliefs haven't changed in the three years since he was paralyzed in a game against Army.
Flood said it marked the first time in his 20-year coaching career that he stayed on the field during part of halftime,Cheap NFL Jerseys China.
He will walk again,Cheap NFL Jerseys Online. He just needs a little help.
"Can't wait to see the day you walk on the field again," Westerman said.
LeGrand visited with the current team on Thursday. While they were unable to see the ceremony, they understood its importance.
"I'm hearing a lot of great things," he added. "The doctors are talking about stem cells regenerating the spinal cord. I'm not going to speak for all the scientists, but I'm hearing great things and they all say what they need is the money for the research."
LeGrand was upbeat in a news conference a
頂部