閱讀權限 10
註冊 11-9--2017
用戶註冊天數 2424
用戶失蹤天數 2100
狀態 離線
分享 
發表於 23-7--2018 07:22 PM  資料 私人訊息 
Cheap NFL Jerseys a shopkeeper of Liliendaal
By Dale AndrewsSeveral persons from as far as Corentyne and Linden are now coming out with some shocking revelations about a professional ‘con woman’ whom they claimed had fleeced and robbed them of thousands of their hard earned dollars and valuables.More than 20 persons have reported being victim of the woman’s well planned schemes, and from all appearances, the woman preyed on the sympathy of her victims.The police have confirmed that they have received several reports about a woman who fits the description of the con artist.Most of the reports were made at Linden, where the woman reportedly conned several persons out of thousands of dollars before relocating to gullible victims on the Lower East Coast of Demerara.There have been reports that disclosed the woman’s whereabouts, but she would somehow disappear in the nick of time whenever there are attempts to apprehend her.The con artist normally uses one main ploy to break down her victims. She would first pretend that she is the owner of a dredging operation, and would even produce what appeared to be gold taped up in a piece of paper, which on many occasions fooled a lot of her victims.Or she would sometimes tell victims that she was sick and needed cash for medical attention,NFL Cheap Jerseys, promising to repay when she sells her gold. On every occasion, the woman disappeared after duping her victims.One victim is Debra Coulthrust, a teacher of Section B, Pattensen, East Coast Demerara, who was hit for several thousand dollars in November.According to Coulthrust, the woman, who was stopping at a friend’s house not far from hers, came to her and pretended that she was a dredge owner who had gold to sell but was not being offered the right price.“She kept talking on her cellular phone as if she was transacting business, but at the time I did not have the slightest idea about what she was up to,” Coulthrust told this newspaper.She said that the con artist explained that she was having problems with her tubes and needed $30,000 to see a doctor. The con woman even indicated that she needed money to feed her ‘staff’ in the interior.“She even quoted a story about some house she has on the East Bank, and offered to let me stay there. I (felt) so sorry for her with her pregnancy, so I decided to lend her $20,000,” Coulthrust told this newspaper.A day later, when Coulthrust contacted the woman on her cellular phone, the woman informed that she was at the bank encashing a cheque.“I never saw her again, nor did I ever manage to make contact with her on her cell phone,” Coulthrust said.For Coulthrust, warning about the woman came a bit too late.She told Kaieteur News that a Linden woman, who had also been conned out of more than $100,000, had tried to warn her, but by then she had already parted with her money.The con artist certainly was taking care to choose the right schemes for the right victims. Margaret Spencer, a shopkeeper of Liliendaal, East Coast Demerara, is a typical case in point. Spencer’s husband is a truck driver who plies his trade in the interior.The con artist must have known this, for she approached Spencer at her home and told her that her husband was sending out some money from the interior with Spencer’s husband. At the time Spencer’s husband was in the interior.“She told me that she was from Fyrish, Corentyne and that her baby was sick and she had sold her phone to get money to travel to Georgetown for the money. She said she wanted to bring her baby to the Georgetown Public Hospital for treatment,” Spencer related.The ploy worked, and Spencer gave the woman some money while she waited for her husband to return from the interior.When Spencer’s husband arrived, she told him what had transpired, but after several calls to the interior, no one knew the name that the con artist had given for her husband.The woman had really planned her scheme well, and she even had a female accomplice to assist her with her plan.Spencer said that, a few days later, a woman who gave her name as Sister Debbie,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, from a Pentecostal church in Fyrish Village,Jerseys Cheap NFL, telephoned her and told her that the woman’s sick child had died at the Georgetown Public Hospital.This must have convinced Spencer that the woman’s plight was genuine, since, when the con woman returned to her home and told her that she wanted money to take the dead baby back to Berbice for burial, the shopkeeper gave in and offered her some more money.But, since Spencer was a shopkeeper and had ready access to cash, the con woman was not satisfied.She returned a few days later and informed Spencer that her father had arrived from Miami and was taking her back with him.“She told me that her father had gone up the highway to visit someone and she was waiting for him to return to pick her up,<a href="https://www.w
頂部